Monday, September 21, 2009

morning of 9/20

I had a great nights sleep last night. Did not take Mr. Luciano up on his offer for wine with him at midnight when his restaurant closed (oh, did I forget to mention that earlier?). I wish I had thought to see the sun set over the valley one last time but I was so anxious to get to dinner so I could be well rested for this morning's travels.

Oh! Yesterday I found a flower shop--or rather a garden shop (plants, not cut flowers) and the very friendly owner (who spoke no english) showed me a jujuberry (?) tree and had me eat some fruit straight from the tree. Fun and special experience. I wonder if my boot budget is going to have to go to a massage (*note: I wrote this in my journal on 9/20 but now in Florence on 9/21 I know that boot budget is going for BOOTS.). Might make the 11 hour flight home more comfortable.

Heavy fog over parts of the valley today. Didn't bring my camera to breakfast. This town is just truly stunning. I've got an hour on th bus to Siena then at least another hour to Florence. Then I'm cabbing it to the hotel! No more shlepping this damn bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment