Thursday, September 24, 2009

9/20 Broad thoughts on the Uffizi Gallery

Mary and Jesus are always so sad. So many of these paintings are full of scowling faces. Nativity by Simone is the first smiles I see on Mother and Child--very sweet.

Sweet Baby Jesus --just had a Ricky Bobby chuckle.

How could all these women’s breasts be so perky? They didn’t have bras for support and they breastfed all their babies!

I like the human representation of the virtues: Faith, Temperance, Charity, Prudence, Justice, and Hope.

As a Christian I couldn’t help but be moved by the art here. About 90% of it was Jesus and some of it was hard to look at. Like the movie The Passion of the Christ -- you kinda have to look sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. The breasts... are they paintings/sculptures done by men?? Wishful thinking. (or women for that matter.... that's how I would represent my breasts for all to see...)

    ReplyDelete