Thursday, September 24, 2009

9/20 evening

Dinner in Florence at La Bussola after not having been able to find a Rick Steve’s restaurant. Spent 2 hours at the Uffizi and it was great but came out to pouring rain. Although there were guys at every corner offering to sell me an umbrella for 3 euro, I declined. I put my scarf over my head and enjoyed walking in the rain in Italy. It felt wonderful, actually.

I didn’t want to eat at a busy Piazza restaurant--just not my style. I picked that one from the tour book but just got my spinach and ricotta ravioli with balsamic and I’m in heaven right here with a bottle of Chianti (2006 Castel Ruggero Chianti Classico). Stopped at an amazing Pasterie for a Prosecco first. Everyone else was drinking espresso but I was celebrating! Every day of this trip I am celebrating!

I’m sitting at a cool bar with at attached springy seat and marble counter overlooking a cute guy making pizzas. A bar is such a great option when dining alone.
People just don’t seem as warm here in Florence so far. I’m excited for my food tour tomorrow! I hope it doesn’t rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment