Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Jitters

Why does everyone need to tell me the night before I leave about Italian gypsies who throw their babies at you so you're distracted while they steal your luggage? Why all the reminders to be wary of smarmy Italian men? Why am I encountering the non-traveling folks who can't imagine doing this trip on their own?

I just put my kids to bed and it's all I can do to hold back the tears. Am I selfish for leaving them for a week? How could I possibly thoroughly enjoy myself if they aren't with me? What wonderful things am I going to miss while I'm away?

I know this is my mind playing tricks on me. Or is it my heart? I didn't peg my heart as a prankster. I know that this is good for me, and good for them. And I suppose I'm glad that I do feel this way...man, what would my mind be telling me if I didn't.

Okay, one more trip to the bus stop then I can focus on my adventure ahead. It will never compare to the adventure I've been on for the past eight years, but if there's one thing I've learned...I am strong enough to handle any crazy gypsy, creepy guy, or awkward moment I may experience.

Ugh....get me on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment