Thursday, September 17, 2009

from 9/17 9:30am Paris time

The first snafu of my trip and I haven't even set foot on Italian soil yet. While waiting for my gate announcement in Paris, I decided to double check my plan for once I landed in Florence. I had printed out an itinerary and all the email confirmations for my inns.

What? Wait! My Siena inn says 9/19, not 9/17! Maybe I printed out an old email. Perhaps I have my days in Siena and Montalcino mixed up.
No. It's a total Cristin move. I've never proclaimed to be a detail person--even though I called to confirm all my reservations last week. Skipping past all the fumbling with airport wifi and ultimately cell phone calls from France to Italy, I am still staying at Hotel Villa Elda this evening, but instead of a single room, I have a junior suite. It's a 30 euro mistake but the girl at the inn and I were able to have a laugh about it (or at me, rather). Also in true Cristin fashion, I'm rollin' with it and not sweating the small stuff. If mishaps such as this are the worst of my troubles on this trip, then I'll come home a happy girl.

1 comment:

  1. I beg to differ about you being a detail person after reading "The Final Countdown" post. Well done! And way to roll with it...

    ReplyDelete