Friday, September 18, 2009

from 9/17 7:25 Siena

Sorry - I think Italian men are adorable! I left my inn and wandered down little side roads that I would think would be pedestrian only, but now and again a tiny little car squeezes the walkers to the side .I did stumble upon the Piazza del Campo which was, well, as fabulous as everyone has said. Far too much to photograph. The streets are busy and I love to see many children out playing. I can so see having my kids here. It is just so different. So relaxed. So simple. And I love the “publicness” of it. The town center--I’ve always been drawn to that.
I chose a random little spot, Osteria il Vicolo, on a quieter and darker street to have my first Tuscan red--a rosso de la casa and it is wonderful! My adorable waiter just brought me my olive oil soaked bruscetta and it is….divine. The “Bon Apetito” that accompanied it was - well - icing on the cake doesn’t describe it. I just noticed that Cold Play is playing. A little bit of the familiar in the foreign. What is it about these little bistros that make them so wonderful vs. the American version that so many times

No comments:

Post a Comment