Friday, September 18, 2009

9/18 4:55pm
I’m enjoying my first Montalcino Brunello at a little outdoor café called Vineria Le Potazzine with a plate of meats and cheese. Hello--whoever knows me knows I’m in HEAVEN. The weather has been PERFECT. So gorgeous, although this morning is Siena was quite foggy which was really cool. I arrived via bus today and enjoyed sharing the ride with what appeared to be middle school kids going home from school. I was amazed how far some of them traveled, several on the bus for more than 30 minutes. The vibe here is very different…so quiet and peaceful. There is also a bell tower here that rings regularly. A couple babies, a couple dogs. I saw my first Italian temper tantrum from a little girl. There are cool water fountains along the road to hydrate after hiking this hilly roads. My heels are full out open wounds right now, but I’m pretty numb to it. Just saw two little boys with buzz cuts, about 5 years old, trading what looked like baseball cards. Maybe soccer? Not hearing many Americans here. Off to observe and soak in some more of this utopia.

No comments:

Post a Comment