Thursday, September 24, 2009

9/20 Back in the room

Soundtrack to my first evening in the city:

Drifting (String Cheese Incident)
What I Got (Eric Lindell)
I Walk the Line (Johnny Cash)
So Simple (Alicia Keys)
Caligula (Macy Gray)
Spies (Coldplay)
River of Life (from a meditation CD)
The Walk (The Cure)
Drop (Yin Yang Twins)
This Sky (Derek Trucks Band)
Fast As You Can (Fiona Apple)
Love Ridden (Fiona Apple)
How Glad I Am (Greyboy Allstars)
Waste (Phish song by Dave Mathews)
Blackberry (Black Crowes) … skipped this one, wasn’t feeling it
Engraved Invitation (Ben Harper)
Burritos (Sublime)
Root Down (Beastie Boys)
Doin’ Time (Sublime)
I Feel Alright (Tab Benoit)

~ You know, when you close the blinds to whatever city/town/place you’re in, you’re still right there with yourself. Maybe that place, or that particular environment, whatever it looks or sounds like, makes you act one way--that’s who you are right then. I guess that’s my point. We are - we change - moment to moment based on what is going on around us and our awareness to what’s happening. I am always me RIGHT NOW.

Star Sail (The Verge)

~ Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment